Re: Implement W3C XML Digital Signatures for Widgets specification in Apache Wookie

Hi Pushpalanka,

On Friday, 23 March 2012 at 16:19, Pushpalanka Jayawardhana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to implement W3C XML Digital Signatures for Widgets specification (http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/) in Apache Wookie.
> I found 'Java XML Digital Signature API' can be a suitable candidate.

It's certainly doable with that… I tried a few years ago, but found it very painful. Maybe the Java documentation has improved since then.

> But glad to know whether there are better solutions, that can be used or things to try out, from the experts out there.

Take a look at:
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/test-suite/tools/

It uses OpenSSL + a bunch of fairly simple bash scripts to do signing. Might be able to use that on the server.