Re: CFC to start working on splash screen solution

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:48:28 +0100, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> Apart from a few changes to our Charter (based on Charles' feedback), I
> think we have consensus on our Charter and can formally start working on
> technical documents.

Yeah, I don't think we need to delay the start of work on something,
unless it turns out to be controversial.

There is a lot to be said for minimal process which adds restrictions as
they are obviously required - although it helps to have thought about what
will be required before you get there. I was wondering why we need a call
for consensus before this group starts doing stuff... maybe it should be
possible to object, but the default should be "let's get work done" IMHO.
After all, there isn't the kind of patent commitment that Working Groups
have which require up-front agreement...

> So not to delay, this a 1 week Call for Consensus to start working on
> the Splash Screen as was discussed in [1]. I believe it is a good spec
> to start working on because it's relatively small, and the use cases and
> requirements are clear (again, captured mostly in [1] below).

Yeah, go for it...

> As per our Operating Guidelines, to start work we need one (or more)
> Editor, Prototypist, and a Quality Assurer.
>
> Looking for volunteers.

At this stage I'm a bit overloaded to be a credible volunteer...

cheers

Chaals

       je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan litt norsk