RE: Action point: Jos look for use case for outputString

I believe Jos said the following: log:outputString is more of a convention, with objects from log:outputString statements being used by a post-processing step to create non-N3 output. Its implementation would also be very different from the others, as Gregg mentioned. I think it was put under “builtins” for convenience more than anything else.

Maybe it belongs under a “post-processing” section? ..

From: Pierre-Antoine Champin <pierre-antoine.champin@ercim.eu>
Sent: May-04-21 7:30 AM
To: Jos De Roo <josderoo@gmail.com>; public-n3-dev@w3.org
Subject: Re: Action point: Jos look for use case for outputString

That's a nice use-case :)

That being said, the more I think about it, the more it seems to me that log:outputString is very different from other built-ins, and possibly should not be presented as a built-in at all. Its "built-in behaviour" happens in a totally different time than "regular" built-ins, and could actually be handled by a totally different tool...

  pa