Re: First meeting of our group

Having a hard time finding other references, but around the time the RDF 1.1 WG was completing TriG, there was a thought to do a follow-on which would be a super-set of TriG (TrigN3?) allowing more N3-like syntax. I have a branch in my implementation [1] which had a sample grammar [2] that would allow graphs to appear as the subject or object of a statement. I recall Sandro, Andy S., Eric P. and Gavin C. were involved in discussing this as well. This would have allowed something like the following (from Notation 3 Logic [3]):

{
  _:x :wrote _:y.
   _:y log:includes {_:z :weather _:w}.
  _:x :livesIn _:z
} log:implies {
  <Boston> :weather _:y
}.

to be syntactically valid (without describing what it means). My interpretation is that graphs can have blank-node names, so that dataset might be equivalent to the following:

_:g1 { _:x :wrote _:y.  _:y log:includes _:g2 . _:x :livesIn _:z}
_:g2 {_:z :weather _:w}
_:g3 {<Boston> :weather _:y}
_:g1 log:implies _:g3 .

There’s a separate conversation to be had about graphs being first-order resources (along with RDF* statements).

There was also some discussion in 2015 [4] on subject-lists:

:Alice, :Bob, :Charlie :hasFriend :Doug.

and for predicates:

:sandro foaf:firstName,vcard:firstName "Sandro"

and for graphs:

GRAPH :g1, :g2, :g3 { ... some triples }

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net

[1] https://github.com/ruby-rdf/rdf-trig/tree/feature/TrigN3
[2] https://github.com/ruby-rdf/rdf-trig/blob/feature/TrigN3/etc/trig.bnf <https://github.com/ruby-rdf/rdf-trig/blob/feature/TrigN3/etc/trig.bnf>