Re: http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/tests/#automated-testing

Kai

yes, OCSP and cert validation is entirely optional, as is inclusion of
such information with a signature. An implementation could for
example, not include any of this information and use other means (out
of band). Obviously a business relationship might determine additional
criteria beyond the technical specification.

I'm in transit so will look at the linked material later. I't not sure
I understand the IDREF question. Signature References must hash
properly, and the signature value verify properly. I'm not sure more
is necessary but need to understand the question better .

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia