W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-mwts@w3.org > June 2009

[minutes] June 16 teleconf

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:23:32 +0200
To: public-mwts@w3.org
Message-Id: <1245165812.8064.1776.camel@localhost>
Hi,

The minutes of our teleconf today are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2009/06/16-mwts-minutes.html

and copied as text below.

Dom

    Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference

16 Jun 2009

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Jun/0006.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/16-mwts-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Wilhelm, Kai, dom

   Regrets
          Carmelo

   Chair
          Wilhelm

   Scribe
          dom

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Widgets testing
         2. [6]WCTMB
         3. [7]Blog
         4. [8]OMA
         5. [9]AOB
         6. [10]Next meeting
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Widgets testing

   ACTION-52?

   <trackbot> ACTION-52 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to draft a blog post
   on SPARTAN -- due 2009-05-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/52

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/52

   <wilhelm> [13]http://people.opera.com/wilhelmja/spartan.html

     [13] http://people.opera.com/wilhelmja/spartan.html

   Wilhelm: missing a few things, but the basic are there
   ... will post before end of week

   ACTION-2?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2 -- Kai Hendry to continue integrating his tests
   WTF -- due 2009-05-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/2

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/2

   Kai: I joined the WebApps WG meeting last week - gave them a report
   of where I was
   ... the widgets spec have changed quite a lot
   ... I've been designing tests so that they could be queried through
   the Widget API
   ... but the Widget API is quite unstable - the group won't be
   relying on them to be done
   ... they are pushing ahead with packaging and configuration to CR
   ... and they need tests that don't rely on Widgets API for that
   ... when you look at all the "must" assertions in the P&C spec,
   ... they're all down to ZIP tests, not using reserved names, etc
   ... so WTF isn't quite suitable for these types of tests
   ... This means I'll have to go back to basics for the tests that are
   needed now
   ... they would want to move to Candidate Rec next month - so I need
   to spend a bit more time on P&C stuff for now

   Wilhelm: so should these tests be made outside of WTF? or should we
   change WTF to fit better these tests?

   Kai: WTF could probably be changed, but I think just producing Zip
   files will be simpler for this kind of tests

   Dom: is dev.w3.org up to date?

   Kai: no, I have redone some of the stuff and haven't committed to
   dev

   <scribe> ACTION: Kai to update tests on dev.w3.org [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/16-mwts-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-58 - Update tests on dev.w3.org [on Kai
   Hendry - due 2009-06-23].

   Dom: If I want to contribute tests, do I need to use your git
   repository? or can I use CVS on dev.w3.org?

   Kai: I'd prefer if you would use git - but I'm not sure if it's set
   up for contributions
   ... I want to blog about how to contribute tests
   ... adding tests to WTF isn't exactly easy

   <scribe> ACTION: Kai to describe how to contribute tests (will serve
   as input to blog post) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/16-mwts-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-59 - Describe how to contribute tests
   (will serve as input to blog post) [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-06-23].

WCTMB

   ACTION-55?

   <trackbot> ACTION-55 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to look at WCTMB2
   ideas -- due 2009-06-02 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/55

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/55

   Wilhelm: I haven't been able to make progress; I hope to have
   something out before leaving on vacation

Blog

   ACTION-57?

   <trackbot> ACTION-57 -- Kai Hendry to propose another blog on
   widgets testing -- due 2009-06-16 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/57

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/57

   Kai: will blog about contributing tests (ACTION-59)

   close ACTION-57

   <trackbot> ACTION-57 Propose another blog on widgets testing closed

   Kai: wanted to mention that BONDI has a test framework that I would
   like to chat about

OMA

   ACTION-21?

   <trackbot> ACTION-21 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to send Opera's
   feedback on OMA test suites -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/21

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/21

   ACTION-14?

   <trackbot> ACTION-14 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look back at
   OMA situation and report -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/14

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/14

   Dom: some progress on validating the new test suites released by OMA

AOB

   Kai: any experience on how to extract testing assertions from Widget
   Specs?

   Dom: done that with XSLT a few times, can do taht for Widget P&C if
   you're interested

   <scribe> ACTION: Dom to provide an extraction of test assertions
   from Widgets P&C (and tool to do it) [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/16-mwts-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-60 - Provide an extraction of test
   assertions from Widgets P&C (and tool to do it) [on Dominique
   Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-06-23].

Next meeting

   Wilhelm: away next two weeks

   Kai: would be good to meet next week since we need to move ahead
   with the widgets tests

   Dom: ok, let's keep the meeting for next week then, and see if we
   meet in two weeks as well or not

   RESOLUTION: Next meeting on June 23, regrets from Wilhelm

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Dom to provide an extraction of test assertions from
   Widgets P&C (and tool to do it) [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/16-mwts-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Kai to describe how to contribute tests (will serve as
   input to blog post) [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/16-mwts-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Kai to update tests on dev.w3.org [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2009/06/16-mwts-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 16 June 2009 15:23:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:03 UTC