W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-mwts@w3.org > July 2009

[minutes] July 28 teleconf

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:37:46 +0200
To: public-mwts@w3.org
Message-Id: <1248795466.10352.1712.camel@localhost>
Hi,

The minutes for our call today are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-mwts-minutes.html

and copied as text below.

Among other things, it was decided that we would meet next week (Aug 4),
but that there wouldn't be other meetings of the group in August.

Dom

[1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

    Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference

28 Jul 2009

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Jul/0011.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-mwts-irc

Attendees

   Present
          dom, Wilhelm, Kai, Marcos

   Regrets
   Chair
          Wilhelm

   Scribe
          dom

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Widgets testing
         2. [6]WCTMB2
         3. [7]Blog
         4. [8]OMA
         5. [9]Next meetings (August meetings)
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Widgets testing

   ACTION-52: pending review from Wilhelm's manager

   <trackbot> ACTION-52 Draft a blog post on SPARTAN notes added

   ACTION-2?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2 -- Kai Hendry to continue integrating his tests
   WTF -- due 2009-05-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [11]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/2

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/2

   Kai: I'm writing up a guide on how to run the framework on linux
   ... not sure how people are supposed to contribute to that framework
   without running it
   ... it's quite hard to get it running, and thus quite hard to
   contributes tests to it

   Wilhelm: we have set up a server where internally people can just
   push their tests

   Kai: but how would we open that up to a larger audience?

   Wilhelm: it could work to open up write access with quick moderation

   Kai: quick moderation sounds tricky

   ISSUE: how to open up access to WTF

   <trackbot> Created ISSUE-5 - How to open up access to WTF ; please
   complete additional details at
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/issues/5/edit .

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/issues/5/edit

   ACTION-62?

   <trackbot> ACTION-62 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to send feedback
   on the contribution guide for widgets test suites -- due 2009-07-07
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/62

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/62

   Kai: I've made some progress on the regular widget tests suites
   [14]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/suite/
   ... still need to match it up with the test plan
   ... that needs an update since the assertions have changed
   ... I have spent some time filling up the test plan boxes

     [14] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/suite/

   <hendry> Marcos:
   [15]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/plan.html

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/plan.html

   Marcos: would like to expand on what Dom has started by adding the
   notion of classes of products
   ... and start by populating the tables

   Kai: we already have that table

   [16]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/plan.html

     [16] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/plan.html

   Marcos: the assertions are still changing a bit; I would need
   someone to review them btw

   <scribe> ACTION: Dom to update the test plan with the latest
   assertions [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-mwts-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-66 - Update the test plan with the latest
   assertions [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-08-04].

   <hendry> [18]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/

   Kai: the other confusing thing is Marcos' document with the
   extracted test assertions
   ... will it be different? the same document?

   <hendry> [19]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/ versus
   [20]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/plan.html

     [19] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/
     [20] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/plan.html

   Marcos: I'd like to see a way to match the plan to the assertions
   ... I could add an id to each line/paragraph

   Dom: it would help if each assertion had a more stable id than they
   do right now
   ... probably not a big deal for this doc, but would be useful going
   forward
   ... also, the notion of adding a class per assertion to classify per
   class of product would be great

   Marcos: what about the review of test assertions?

   Dom: I think we'll send feedback as we find problems in the
   assertions

   Marcos: ok, I'll add ids to the assertions then

   Kai: sounds really good

   ACTION-63?

   <trackbot> ACTION-63 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to add testing
   strategies to widget test contrbutions guide -- due 2009-07-07 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/63

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/63

   [22]http://dabase.com/blog/Contribute_Widget_tests/

     [22] http://dabase.com/blog/Contribute_Widget_tests/

   Marcos: a widget test contribution guide would be very useful

   Kai: I'd be happy to improve my current doc if that's helpful

   Marcos: We'll need a fairly wide review of the test suite if we want
   it to be reliable and useful, esp. if we're getting external
   contributions
   ... providing templates for building test cases would be useful
   ... maybe that's something we can work on together

   <scribe> ACTION: Kai to work with Marcos on developing templates and
   contributions guide [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-mwts-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-67 - Work with Marcos on developing
   templates and contributions guide [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-08-04].

   <hendry> [24]http://git.webvm.net/?p=wgtqa;a=tree;f=misc; #
   templates used in the widget suite so far

     [24] http://git.webvm.net/?p=wgtqa;a=tree;f=misc;

   Marcos: we'll see if there are templates we can contribute

   Wilhelm: and maybe even test cases

   Kai: what about licensing?

   <dom:>Note that tests developed during this event will be made under
   the Policies for Contribution of Test Cases to W3C - in particular,
   contributors that do not belong to the W3C Web Applications Working
   Group or the W3C Mobile Web Test Suites Working Group will need to
   agree with the terms of the Grant of License for Contributed Test
   Cases Published Outside a W3C Recommendation.

   <dom:>[25]http://www.w3.org/2004/10/27-testcases

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2004/10/27-testcases

   <dom:>[26]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/testgrants2-200409/

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/testgrants2-200409/

   <dom:>[as linked from
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/widget-test/ ]

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/widget-test/

   ACTION-65?

   <trackbot> ACTION-65 -- Kai Hendry to take a pass at updating test
   plan table -- due 2009-07-07 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/65

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/65

   Kai: I did that

   close ACTION-65

   <trackbot> ACTION-65 Take a pass at updating test plan table closed

WCTMB2

   ACTION-55?

   <trackbot> ACTION-55 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to look at WCTMB2
   ideas -- due 2009-06-02 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/55

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/55

   <dom_scribe> [30]Wilhelm's announce of possible mockup for WCTMB2

     [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Jul/0012.html

   close ACTION-55

   <trackbot> ACTION-55 Look at WCTMB2 ideas closed

   Wilhelm: would need feedback on the proposal, as well as new
   technologies, and concrete test code

   Kai: would be interesting to get tests from webkit layout code
   ... I could look into that

   <dom_scribe> [31]# WCTMB2 Mockup

     [31] http://people.opera.com/wilhelmja/wctmb2/

   Wilhelm: one of the principles in the current mockup is that you can
   get teh results through the scripting
   ... would that be applicable here?

   Kai: can't tell just now
   ... have you looked at them?

   Wilhelm: I haven't studied them closely

   <scribe> ACTION: Kai to submit proposals for WCTMB2 [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-mwts-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-68 - Submit proposals for WCTMB2 [on Kai
   Hendry - due 2009-08-04].

   <scribe> ACTION: Dom to review WCTMB2 proposal [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-mwts-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-69 - Review WCTMB2 proposal [on Dominique
   Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-08-04].

Blog

   ACTION-57?

   <trackbot> ACTION-57 -- Kai Hendry to propose another blog on
   widgets testing -- due 2009-06-16 -- CLOSED

   <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/57

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/57

   Wilhelm: we'll also have my article later on

   Dom: what about blogging about the Dusseldorf event?

   <scribe> ACTION: Kai to draft blog post about Dusseldorf widget
   testing [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-mwts-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-70 - Draft blog post about Dusseldorf
   widget testing [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-08-04].

OMA

   ACTION-21?

   <trackbot> ACTION-21 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to send Opera's
   feedback on OMA test suites -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/21

     [36] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/21

   ACTION-14?

   <trackbot> ACTION-14 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look back at
   OMA situation and report -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/14

     [37] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/14

   <dom_scribe> [38]Dom's review on new OMA XHTML test suites

     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-mwts/2009Jun/0002.html

Next meetings (August meetings)

   Wilhelm: I'll be away much of August; maybe available next week

   Dom: same here

   Kai: works for me

   RESOLUTION: meeting next week, but no other meetings in August

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Dom to review WCTMB2 proposal [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-mwts-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Dom to update the test plan with the latest assertions
   [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-mwts-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Kai to draft blog post about Dusseldorf widget testing
   [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-mwts-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Kai to submit proposals for WCTMB2 [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-mwts-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Kai to work with Marcos on developing templates and
   contributions guide [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2009/07/28-mwts-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 28 July 2009 15:38:18 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:03 UTC