Mobile ACID test manifesto (was: [agenda] March 11 teleconf)

Hi Kai,

Le mardi 11 mars 2008 à 15:52 +0000, Kai Hendry a écrit :
> I think the initial mobile acid test http://www.jwtmp.com/a/ focused
> on identifying possible layout issues. What's the manifesto here?

I've started to draft my current vision of our "mobile ACID test" (which
as you may have seen is being renamed):
        The Mobile ACID Test (which should be renamed soon) combines in
        a single page a number of Web technologies that we believe are
        the foundation for a better Web experience, especially on mobile
        devices.
        Using a very visual scheme of a set of squares whose color
        depend on the proper implementation of a given technology, it
        allows to assess at a glance where a given browser might be
        lacking to support this improved Web experience.
http://dev.w3.org/2008/mobile-test/doc.html

Does it help clarify its scope and goals?

Wilhelm, I have also started to describe what our existing test cases
test, and why we selected them; I've left some "@@@" in those, since I
wasn't quite sure what the rationale behind those was :)

> I kinda expected the tests to pass in at least Safari & Firefox. Even
> Opera 9.24 fails!

Firefox fails 4 tests for me; Opera 9.26 only two.

> Be good is there was some indicators. Like 51/100 for Acid3 in FF2.

Doesn't the number of red vs green squares serve as a good indicator?

> It's too difficult to describe your test results from my Nokia S60
> without taking a photograph. ;)

end), I only get 3 failures...

Thanks for your feedback!