Re: [agenda] Tuesday Dec 16 teleconf

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Wilhelm Joys Andersen
<wilhelmja@opera.com> wrote:
> * Widgets testing
> ACTION: Kai to continue integrating his tests WTF [recorded
> in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/02-mwts-minutes.html#action02]

This is going pretty darn slow. I'm too busy to work out the problem
with WTF and Robert's last mail seemed like he won't get the
opportunity to reproduce my Debian setup until next year by the sounds
of things.

If I find time to work on Widget testing I'll probably just like to
add actual tests to http://git.webvm.net/?p=wgtqa

> * Web Compatibility Test
> ACTION: hendry to Contribute test to replace inputmode [recorded
> in http://www.w3.org/2008/12/09-mwts-minutes.html#action09]

Here is what I had in mind:
http://static.webvm.net/json/

Unfortunately, I had to make it a XHR as I was not entirely sure how
to best escape that JSON string so it would work in a script tag.
Quotes like ' and " I guess need to be escaped.

Originally I had in mind of highlighting the JSON string length/memory
mobile problem on Windows Mobile platforms. Unfortunately these
platforms don't really support XHR without some really ugly legacy
code:
http://blogs.msdn.com/iemobile/archive/2005/11/15/493200.aspx

Another issue is that I am not entirely sure what are the actual
limits of a string in Javascript. http://static.webvm.net/json/23.json
is a arbitrary large 48K BBC scheduling dump, where I check the last
value's duration. I'm assuming it's evaluated top down. The infamous
eval() has security issues and I should probably use parseJSON()
instead with http://www.json.org/json2.js.

Talk later today,