Re: Content transcoding & Web Compatibility Test for Mobile Browsers

Hi,

Le jeudi 10 juillet 2008 à 09:52 +0100, Kai Hendry a écrit :
> OpenWave's OpenWeb: http://webeeze.net/http://www.w3.org/2008/06/mobile-test/
> Google's transcoder:
> http://www.google.com/gwt/n?u=http://www.w3.org/2008/06/mobile-test/
>
> As you can see mobile transcoding looks like a massive fail for the Web..
>
> I am worried operators will eventually whitelist the test from
> transcoding. I wonder if there is a way of getting around that?

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, the Mobile Web Best Practices
Working Group has been developing guidelines to address this specific
difficulties created by content transformation proxies.

They were released as Last Call Working Draft last Friday:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-ct-guidelines-20080801/
so now is a pretty good time to send comments on the suggested
guidelines...

Dom