[Fwd: SVG Tiny 1.2 spec coverage and OMA test suite]

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Dmitri Silaev <Dmitri.Silaev@Sun.COM>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 21:24:02 +0300
  • Subject: SVG Tiny 1.2 spec coverage and OMA test suite
  • To: chris@w3.org, schepers@w3.org
  • Cc: w3c-svg-wg@w3.org
Hello Chris and Doug,

I am an representative of the MWTS working group and we are working
together with OMA IOP browsing group on on helping them integrate the
SVG Tiny 1.2 test suite in their testing process. OMA browsing group
issued the draft of the test requirements for their test suite. This
draft could be found here:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-mwts/2007Oct/att-0006/OMA-ETR-SVG_Mobile_Domain-V1_0-20070424-D.zip

In short, they would like to test following areas:

1. Multi feature test cases.
2. Untested features.
3. Support for OMA use cases.
4. Potentially difficult areas.
5. Features new to SVG Tiny 1.2

Document also contain the list of requirements for their test suite
grouped by SVG features.

Now OMA browsing group would like to understand how much of the SVG Tiny
1.2 Specification is covered by SVG tests produced by your team in
September, 2007. Our group helps them to gather information about
current coverage of specification and separate uncovered areas and features.

As test suite developers, the SVG working group may/shell prepare
coverage report for final version of test suite as explained in "Test
Development FAQ" section on page:
http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2005/01/test-faq#enough

The detailed report helps our group to understand current coverage and
comments OMA browsing group requirements. Therefore we interest to get
such report in future. Your group may produce such report quickly, but
the lack of resource may delay the finalized documents. So, the part of
this task need to be done by our group, we realize this. Therefore we
have the number of questions to understand the current state and future
plans for this task. Could you please answer following questions (we
believe the coverage report for test suite going to be produced by SVG
WG). The questions are based on "How many tests are enough?" of "Test
Development FAQ" (see link above).

Is there any coverage report for SVG Tiny 1.2 Specification provided by
SVG Tiny 1.2 test suite beta?

If no, is there a plan and preliminary date to create such report?

Coverage measurement involves partitioning the specification. What is
the way for this partitioning your group choose? Feature, language
elements, logical sections, testable assertions and so on.

What is the coverage goal for SVG Tiny 1.2 test suite.

What the format of the coverage report you going to produce: mapping of
tests to areas of the specification, more detailed report with binding
of specification to tests and coverage numbers, etc?

It will be helpful if you send any additional information about the test
suite and coverage for SVG Tiny 1.2 Specification and related issues.

Thanks in advance,

     Dmitri Silaev
     W3C MWTS Working Group