Re: Automation of DOM Test suite (was: Progress on test harness)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 19:40:01 +0200, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
wrote:

> Hi Till,
>
> Le mardi 03 avril 2007 à 14:14 +0200, Till Halbach a écrit :
>> It would be of advantage to allow for automatic testing, such that a
>> test
>> suite can be run autonomously. My approach uses JavaScript for that.
>> The form element inserted by the harness would need a name, e.g. <form
>> name="testevaluation">. Then any script can trigger the result
>> submission
>> by itself. [...]
>
> I have started implementing your solution in the DOM Level 1 test suite:
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/dom-tests/documentgetdoctypenodtd.html
>
> It works great in Firefox, but it doesn't in Opera nor in the mobile web
> browsers I can try and that do support some Javascript (namely, Blazer
> and Netfront); could you try and see whether you get it to work on your
> devices/browsers?

Dom:

I'm not an expert with JavaScript and Dom, but I believe the problem comes
 from the fact that you try to access elements by particular <id>s, while
they in fact are <name>s in the form. You can add the appropriate <id>
attributes to the respective elements, or use the alternative solution I
scetched in my last mail in this thread.

BR,
Till

--
Till Halbach