Re: White paper on the potential next steps on mobile web in developing countries

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 02:09:45 +1100, Justin Thorp <juth@loc.gov> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> First, i'll introduce myself.  My name is Justin Thorp and I work for the US Library of Congress. I work on the World Digital Library initiative (http://www.worlddigitallibrary.org/) and very interested in the mobile web in developing countries.  I unfortunately wasn't able to attend the workshop but Stephane was nice enough to add me to this list.
>
>> Indeed, looking for information that is available and letting each other know more
>> is a helpful thing to do...
>
> I know there are a handful of stats, reports, and use cases that we have come across and I'm sure others have too.  It'd be really helpful to have a wiki that could be a repository for all the info that is found.

Yeah. Wikis aren't exactly modern technology (apply the best of the 80s to get the best of the 90s web), but they are widespread and W3C can readily set one up for us. I think this is a sensible solution.

(In an ideal world people would be able to use a visual editor instead of playing with code, like you could do when the web was a couple of computers big. And I would have a pony. And we wouldn't have problems to figure out in the developing world...)

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9.1     http://opera.com