Re: New Nokia Phone 5030 announsed for Emerging markets...

Dear Lauri and All,

I find the release of the new Nokia 5030 a very interesting
development in terms of designing a technology capable of addressing
the needs of users in developing countries. Please have a look at my
opinion at mmd4d.org and also share yours.

Best Regards,
mira

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:38 PM,  <Lauri.K.Hirvonen@nokia.com> wrote:
> Hello MW4D team
>
> Today Nokia announced a phone, which has been optimised
> for emerkging market needs. Here some details:
>
> Nokia 5030 is the company's first phone with an internal FM radio antenna, which eliminates the need for a headset or external speakers. The one touch FM radio and channel selection keys on the side of the device ensure the product lives up to its XpressRadio name. Placed sideways on the table, the Nokia 5030 doubles as a portable FM radio and is ideal for emerging markets, where people rely on a radio as their main source of entertainment and news. The Nokia 5030 has up to a day of listening time and 10 hours of talk time, which comes to life with the powerful loudspeaker, and is available in two colors - graphite and red.
>
> One of Nokia's most affordable devices to offer an FM radio, the Nokia 5030 is expected to begin shipping in the second quarter of 2009 with an estimated retail price of less than 40 EUR, before taxes or subsidies.

Dr Mira Slavova

ICT4D Consultant
Mobile Market Design 4 Development
mmd4d.org