  • From: Olla, Phillip <polla@madonna.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 00:54:51 -0400
  • Subject: RE: update of the roadmap with technologies
  • To: "Stephane Boyera" <boyera@webfoundation.org>
  • Cc: <public-mw4d-request@w3.org>
Stephane

I have a couple of quick comments.

7.2
This section would benefit from a table or illustration that summarizes the technologies along with their strength and weaknesses. ( I can do this when I return from my holidays)

7.2.2 SMS
Can we mention some of the SMS tools as well as linking to the wiki.

7.2.3 USSD needs more details, we should probably add our own description of USSD instead of linking to www.kenneyjacob.com. I can provide a short summary and reference his site.

We should also add the costs of installing a USSD platform in the costs section.

Is it worth mentioning Cell Broadcast as an applications that uses the signaling channel. This is a technology that is available today but it is not widely used by operators. http://www.cellbroadcastforum.org/whatisCB/index.html

Regards

Phil
Dr Phillip Olla
Endowed Phillips Chair of Management