Re: Manthan Award 2008

Thanks Stephane.

>> I believe it could be interesting to have a presentation of your system.

Would-you be able to do a short (15-20mn) presentation to the group in
one of the next teleconferences ?

Sure, Definitely. Though I can do the presentation in the next call on
coming Monday, I would prefer to do it on Nov 17th primarily because Nov 3
we have the deadline for submissions to the World Wide Web Conference for
next year. Hope that is fine with you.

thanks and regards
Arun Kumar

Research Staff Member,
IBM India Research Laboratory,
4, Block - C, Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi - 110 070, India,
Email: kkarun@in.ibm.com
Tel: +91-11-66192100 / +91-11-41292100
Fax: 91-11-26138889
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/a/arun

World Wide Telecom Web (aka Spoken Web):
http://domino.research.ibm.com/comm/research_people.nsf/pages/arun_kumar.WWTW.html

             Stephane Boyera
             <boyera@w3.org>
             10/30/2008 02:33          Arun Kumar/India/IBM@IBMIN
                                       public-mw4d@w3.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Manthan Award 2008

Arun,
congratulation !!

I believe it could be interesting to have a presentation of your system..
Would-you be able to do a short (15-20mn) presentation to the group in
one of the next teleconferences ?
(the next one is next monday, and then nov 17)

Best
Stephane
Arun Kumar a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
>       You would be pleased to know that our 'VoiKiosk' solution recently
> won The Manthan Award South Asia 2008 in the special 'Juror's Distinction
> Category'. I had the privilege to receive the award on behalf of IBM and
> our field partner Byrraju Foundation in a glittering ceremony in New
Delhi,

http://www.manthanaward.org/section_full_story.asp?id=669

> - The Ceremony : http://www.manthanaward.org/showGalPic.asp?imageID=812
>
> - The VoiKiosk Solution : An early description is available at
> http://www2008.org/papers/pdf/p1123-agarwal.pdf. . A more detailed report
> on the field pilot has been submitted for publication and is under
review.
> In brief, traditional 'Internet Kiosks' are meant to be effective and
cheap
> information delivery channels by providing shared access to PC and
Internet

--
Stephane Boyera                      stephane@w3.org
W3C                                              +33 (0) 5 61 86 13 08