Re: arrow heads as accidentals

Douglas (and everyone else),

I know they are already listed is some form. The problem is that they
aren't listed as accidentals specifically. For some music notation
software (MuseScore, for example) they must be listed as accidentals
specifically to be able to be used as such. It is for that reason that
I'm requesting the addition of similar symbols as accidentals.

A less important detail, is that the Up and Down accidentals tend to be
less sharp (i.e. have slightly less sharp angles) than the arrow heads.
They look a bit more like logic symbols ∧ (and) and ∨ (or).

In my previous email, proposing these accidentals, I forgot to specify
some details, by the way. I'll make up for that here.

symbols:
∧
∨

<
All the same size as note heads, and aligned with note heads. All four
should be the same symbol, but rotated.
Accidentals are used on their own or in front of another accidental.
(Including in front of the same. 22EDO Porcupine notation uses ∧∧ and ∨∨
accidentals, for example.)

names:
accidental up
accidental down
accidental more
accidental less
I suppose it might be useful to add some further identifier after
"accidental", but I'm not sure what that identifier should be as these
symbols are used in several notations. The most important for the first
two is Up/Down notation, but "accidental up down up" sounds like a very
bad idea.

pitch offset values:
All four have slightly different functions depending in which notation
they are used for.
∧ : one degree up (e.g. 54.5c in 22EDO, 38.7c in 31EDO, etc.) or 33/32
up (53.3c).
∨ : idem, but down.
> : 64/63 up (27.3c) or notation-specific small upwards offset.
< : idem, but down.
(As mentioned before, the first two are used by far the most, and have –
for that reason – more determinate values.)

Best,

Lajos