Re: Co-chair Meeting Minutes: April 14, 2020 [via Music Notation Community Group]

Even though Bravura might not be officially available in SVG format
anymore, it is distributed under the SIL Open Font License. It is possible
to convert the official font into SVG format, so could "Bravura-SVG" be a
community project rather than an official project? Maybe there could be a
community fork of the font on Github?

I'm split on whether there should be an official SVG distribution of
Bravura. On the one hand, SMuFL is part of the W3C CG, and should strive to
conform to web standards. However, there are valid use cases for the SVG
font outside of web use. I think that a community distribution of the SVG
format of the official font might be a compromise solution, but this will
take work from the community.

Daniel, would such a community distribution be permissible?