Re: MNX Proposal now Available [via Music Notation Community Group]

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 7:49 PM, Joe Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com> wrote:

> Which leads me to formulate what I think is the practical goal: the MNX
> schema should make *simple*, *localized* alterations easy to accomplish.
> Like, for example, adding/deleting a note from a chord. Or changing the
> beaming on a note. Or removing a note from a measure and putting a rest in
> its place. But MNX should not contort itself in order to support particular
> ideas of how editing music should work. I know Adrian would probably prefer
> a harder-edge definition, but I think if we frame this as MNX supporting
> "easy manipulation" rather than "easy editing", we will get the right
> result.

For what it's worth, I'm comfortable with this goal. I'm sure we could get
more formal about it, but the distinction of "localized alterations" seems
to be a good enough guideline for moving forward. Thanks for taking the
time to write up your thoughts, Joe — good stuff. :-)

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty
Soundslice: https://www.soundslice.com/