Re: MNX Proposal now Available [via Music Notation Community Group]

Hi Rafael, Joe, all,

Rafael said (about his speciality, Okinawan notation):

> But I understand that this tiny and infrequent use case, as medieval
> music notation, will be out of the scope of your standard.
I think that both Asian notations and mediaeval European notations
should be in scope. They are in the use cases.

@Rafael: As I understand it, Okinawan notation reads from top to bottom,
with the columns being read from right to left. This is essentially a
simple rotation of 90 degrees from the way CMN is read. In fact,
depending on how MNX decides to organise its container hierarchies, and
whether or not you use measures, you could consider each column to be a

I think there is going to have to be some mechanism in MNX to specify
the type of the notation being encoded. It would therefore help the
group to know more about the variability within Asian notations. I'm
going to open two new threads where we can talk about that:
1. Asian notations: The directions in which they are read
2. Asian event symbols

@everyone: Please reply, if at all, to one of the above threads (not
this one).

All the best,