Re: Splitting MNX-Common and MNX-Generic

Two things:
1) Could we please move this email chain to the Github issue? This way,
everyone is discussing this issue in the same place.

https://github.com/w3c/mnx/issues/98

2) Mike Cuthbert makes some very good points. I am not very familiar with
MEI, but MNX-Neumes is something that I would like to see in the future.
Given these points, I think we should really ask: what problem would MNX
solve? MNX may not be the right tool for every application, and I doubt we
could find a compromise that everyone would agree with. Per Andrew
Hankinson's message, there very well may be use cases where MEI is the
right approach and MNX just doesn't support it. I think this is worth
discussing further, but I would prefer to discuss it on the Github thread
instead.

Thanks,
J. Sawruk