From:   Peter Stadler <stadler@weber-gesamtausgabe.de>
To:     public-music-notation-contrib@w3.org
Date:   13/02/2018 14:01
Subject:        Re: SMuFL metadata releases

Dear all, Daniel in particular,

sorry for bothering you with this again, but I really hope for some
release strategy regarding the SMuFL specification. As far as I
understand, there is a version 1.2, it’s simply not tagged properly?
I know there’s probably a lot of work on your desk but I hope that this
could be solved rather easily and would in turn make the SMuFL progress
much more visible and documented (for others to build on).

Thanks for all the great work
Peter

<stadler@weber-gesamtausgabe.de>:

> Yes, thanks Andrew, that’s exactly what I’m after.
> My SMuFL browser is still running with SMuFL version 1.18 and I was
looking into updating it. For those who are interested, a recent (= built
upon
https://github.com/w3c/smufl/commit/c20330a858a6297ed5da45491a9c177531190a7c

) Docker image can be found at Docker Hub:
https://hub.docker.com/r/stadlerpeter/smufl-browser/

<andrew.hankinson@gmail.com>:

>> There are JSON metadata files that give the names, codepoints, and
groups that glyphs belong to:

>> https://github.com/w3c/smufl/tree/gh-pages/metadata

>> It makes it easier to build sites like the SMuFL browser, which is what
I suspect Peter is doing.

>> http://edirom.de/smufl-browser/index

>> -Andrew
>>
>>> On 17 Jan 2018, at 19:00, Glenn Linderman <v+smufl@g.nevcal.com>
wrote:

especially interested in the latest stable 1.2(?) version. At
https://github.com/w3c/smufl there are no releases at all (as there had
been at https://github.com/steinbergmedia/smufl).
(as it states at https://w3c.github.io/smufl/gitbook/index.html); hence
this would be commit
https://github.com/w3c/smufl/commit/c20330a858a6297ed5da45491a9c177531190a7c?

https://w3c.github.io/smufl/gitbook/specification/ranges.html should be
updated to point at the new GitHub release page (my suggestion).

>>> I didn't follow your links, but aren't SMuFL metadata a specification
for font creators to follow, to provide data about their fonts that adhere
to the SMuFL specification?  In other words, I don't think there would be
a SMuFL metadata file, but there should be a Bravura metadata file, and a
metadata file for each other SMuFL-compliant font that is developed.

stadler at weber-gesamtausgabe.de
www.weber-gesamtausgabe.de

[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Daniel Spreadbury/SMTG]

Phone: +49 (40) 21035-0 | Fax: +49 (40) 21035-300 | www.steinberg.net
President: Andreas Stelling | Managing Director: Thomas Schöpe, Yoshiyuki Tsugawa
Registration Court: Hamburg HRB 86534