Re: Implementing, Open issues and Finalising

Hello Mogens,

Yes, using <lyric print-object=“no”> sounds appropriate for the situation that you describe. It sounds similar to the issue with lyrics for later verses appearing in a block of text that is mentioned in the lyric element documentation.

There are many open MusicXML issues, but only one is in the MusicXML 3.1 milestone. That is issue 114, the final conversion of the license to the W3C Community Final Specification Agreement.

It would be good for us to go through the remaining open MusicXML issues and do some cleanup. We can close some issues we do not plan to implement, and make sure others get transferred to MNX. None of these issues is currently planned for MusicXML 3.1, which we would like to complete this month.

For the issue 45 that you mention, this is in reference to dips in brass and wind notation rather than guitar notation. So this is different than the <with-bar> element which is used for whammy bar notation.

Best regards,

Michael Good
VP of MusicXML Technologies
MakeMusic, Inc.