From: Joe Berkovitz [mailto:joe@noteflight.com]
Sent: maandag 10 april 2017 17:43
To: Jan Rosseel <jan@scora.net>
Cc: Hans Vereyken <hans@neoscores.com>; public-music-notation-contrib@w3.org
Subject: Re: Semantic layout overrides

Yup. I see your point, perhaps this is not a very good example...

.            .       .    .  . ...Joe

Joe Berkovitz
Founder
Noteflight LLC

49R Day Street
Somerville MA 02144
USA

"Bring music to life"
www.noteflight.com <http://www.noteflight.com>

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 5:40 PM, Jan Rosseel <jan@scora.net <mailto:jan@scora.net> > wrote:

At the risk of ping-ponging:

If Chopin’s intent was to have different rhythms, then the engravings should clearly show that. This would mean that the notes should not align to make this clear, and then the whole example becomes a non-example.

Unless we’re entering in “you-have-to-guess-what-the-composer-meant” or “whatever-you-play-is-OK” land, then I see no point in having solution 2.

JanR