Re: Measure-free scores

Hi Mogens, Dennis,

I'm assuming that the MNX containers (<system>, <measure> etc.) are
/abstract. /They contain objects that can have temporal and/or graphic
parameters.

@Mogens: I agree with you that ties can just be graphic. They don't need
to contain temporal info. Neither do the <event> symbols to which they
connect. All the temporal info can go in the first <event> to be tied.

@Dennis: Note that nothing has been said about where on the page the
<system>s,  <measure>s etc. have to be. Usually, they nest in the way
their names suggest for CWMN, but as long as they nest correctly, they
can be read vertically or go round in circles as far as I care... :-)
They might even overlap significantly, though that's an unusual case.
/Where/ they exist on the page depends on the graphic definitions of the
objects they contain, but the arrow of time always takes a predefined route.

James

--
https://github.com/notator
http://james-ingram-act-two.de