Re: element UIDs in MusicXML 3.1?

Hi James.

I do not have any expertise with using xml:id in validating parsers -- it
seems like a feasible idea, but perhaps real-world support for it is
lacking. Although it's technically not necessary, you might be able to
define the xml namespace explicitly in the root element of the document
using the attribute xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"

In the forthcoming MNX proposal we will address element ids in a uniform
way that does not require use of the xml namespace, although unfortunately
that doesn't help you now.

Best,

Joe Berkovitz
President