Re: Proposal for new MusicXML 3.1 glyph element

I'm going to respectfully disagree with what I think is the consensus so
far, that once the glyph is defined in the <appearance> element, it is
applied globally. Instead, I agree with Sienna's position that "users
should be able to override this default on individual elements if desired".

To James Sutton's point about it being unexpected or confusing to use
different symbols in the same score, this is true if we are looking at a
score, but may be false in a few conditions, such as:
- Academic or reference works demonstrating the use of the different glyphs
- Software testing to see if a renderer is SMuFL and MusicXML compliant,
such as the Lilypond MusicXML test suite.