Re: The MusicXML Technical Requirements document

There is actually a more serious issue with XLink in SVG: it confers
interactive linking behavior on the element that possesses the link. Click
the element, and the agent displaying the graphics is supposed to navigate
to the given target.

In an interactive context for displaying the SVG, like a web browser, this
would probably be undesirable. One would not want to navigate to some
element in a target XML document encoding the music one was viewing, except
in the nerdiest of situations.

Joe Berkovitz
President
Noteflight LLC