Re: The MusicXML challenge and Chords - MusicXML is Excellent!

> 26 okt 2015 kl. 17:39 skrev Andrew Hankinson <andrew.hankinson@gmail.com>:
>
> It seems to me that the only role for MusicXML is semantic markup.
>
> If you want playback fidelity, use MIDI.
> If you want rendering fidelity, use Postscript/PDF.

No, no - stop a while. Remember this: MusicXML is good. It is more than good. When I make a MusicXML file using
Musescore or Finale and later plays it with my player for Midi and MusicXML, I have one MusicXML-file.
The same file can be played and be shown graphically in different programs and I can edit it. I can make new songs,
I can listen to existing song, select my voice and practice using the player.

MusicXML works excellent combining playing and showing the notes. Midi has the problem showing the graphics,
PDF cannot be played. MusicXML combines and simplifies working with music. And  while I am working with music I
do not need to bother about of the implementation details and problems I once had programming the player. I can not in
any way feel that MusicXML has more focus on graphic than playing - the player just plays as if MusicXML was just
build for that et vice versa.

If we can improve MusicXML - that is fine, but for a user (musician) the current issues does not exist.

Kind Regards
Mogens