Re: SMuFL: Additional symbols

Yes, you're right on both accounts. 15 and 22 are already included in SMuFL. I suspect 16 and 24 was more generally used in France at the beginning of the 20th century, but I've only encountered them in Durand's scores.
If someone else knows more about the historical and geographical scope of this archaic way of labeling octaves, I would love to know.

Knut Nergaard
Thor Olsens gt. 6A
N-0177 OSLO
Tel: +47 984 85 750