Re: AW: Blog post new version

Dear Felix,

Thanks for sharing the revised version. Please include Stephan's
correction; "language" should not be capitalised.

Please also include the one other change from my updates, which you left
off:

I added the fully spelled out form of W3C to the Opening sentence.
It should read:
Last week the World Wide Web Consortium -- W3C published ...
not simply:
Last week the W3C published ...

I know that, working for the W3C and based on the concept of publishing
this in a W3C blog gives you the impression that spelling this out isn't
necessary.

But keep in mind that others, whether brought to the blog via Google or
other search engines, or those who read copies of the text elsewhere,
that's been copied from the blog will often not know exactly what this
strange 3-letter acronym means. And could be turned off. "Oh, more
jargon from some obscure company or something..."
Yes, especially in this day and age it shouldn't surprise you how many
people don't know what an acronym means or stands for, and, if they have
any notion,
may often have a completely wrong one. And are either afraid to ask, or
think, "I wonder what/who that is; I'll look it up some day..." and
leave it at that, ignoring the rest of the text.

Also, it is practically de jure, i.e. one of the most central of editing
and text formatting practices, to spell out the full name to which an
acronym refers, the first time it is used.
You adhere to this in the title, when you spell out
*Internationalisation Tag Set* before using its acronym, ITS.
You really should do the same, by spelling out *World Wide Web
Consortium* in front of the first use of the acronym, W3C. It doesn't
matter that you use it only once.
You may have become too much of an insider to still have the same
feeling of awe and respect that the full form "World Wide Web
Consortium" still conjures up in the minds of many persons world wide.
And that respect increases with their relative distance to the day to
day activities of W3C. And these are the very persons this posting, and
its copies should reach!

Kind regards,
olaf-michael

Please do include the one other change from my updates which you did not
include: