Re: MT Confidence definition

I'd agree with Yves here. There are systems that provide multiple candidate translations along with confidence estimates. Those estimates pertain to the target(s), not to the source. Tying them then to the source doesn't really make much sense to me since it is a report of how confident the system is that it has got it right.

But as Yves notes, it's not even limited to self reporting. In the QTLaunchPad project we are working with quality estimation systems that provide a score after the fact for a system external to the tool. It is an independent assessment, so to speak. And this could be put in MT confidence (or in LQI, but I think MT confidence makes more sense).

Best,

Arle

--
Arle Lommel
Berlin, Germany

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse any typos.