Re: [Issue-68] Disambiguation (and term)

Hi Dave, all,

Am 26.02.13 01:20, schrieb Dave Lewis:
> Hi Tadej, Guys,
>
> A typographical question, in the word file you have:
> "
>
> *Note:*
>
> Text Analysis is primarily intended for textual content. Nevertheless,
> the data category can also be used in multi-media contexts. Example:
> objects on an image could be annotated with DBpedia IRIs. [CL1]
> <#_msocom_1>
>
> When serializing the ITS Text Analysis
> <http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#Disambiguation>data
> category markup in HTML, the preferred way is to serialize in RDFa
> Lite or Microdata due to the existing search and crawling
> infrastructure that is able to consume these formats.
> "

> But the two paragraphs seem to be separate topics, so they should be
> under separate Note heading I think - assuming the issue about RDFs
> mapping is a note?

Both is part of one note - we could e.g. have bullet points in the note
to make clear that these are separate topics. Also, Christian had in the
word doc a comment on the multi-media context, saying that if we have
this we should add a reference, e.g. to
http://archive.xmlprague.cz/2013/presentations/Local_Knowledge_for_In_Situ_Services/index.xhtml#%2812%29
Thoughts?

> Further, I don't know if I agree with the wording of the second
> paragraph. Sure, the example makes the valid point that Text Analysis
> can do the same job as the RDFa lite. But these are potentially
> different use cases. For example it may be that the authors add text
> annotation to feed into a subsequent terminology process, but use ITS
> so they can strip out the ta annotation so it can be easily stripped
> out again later, i.e. they have no intention to add the equivalent
> markup into the HTML. Also, if the confidence score is a relevant
> piece of information, then the RDFa solution should be 'preferred'.
>
> I'd suggest either moving this note to some best practice, or change
> the wording just so it highlights the equivalence of the mapping, but
> doesn't try to go into detail of when one approach is preferred over
> the other.

Just FYI, that paragraph is in the last call draft too. How about
re-formulating like this
"When serializing the ITS Text Analysis data category markup in HTML,
one way to serialize the markup is RDFa Lite or Microdata. This
serialization is due to the existing search and crawling infrastructure
that is able to consume these formats. For other usage scenarios, e.g.
add text annotation to feed into a subsequent terminology process, using
ITS Text Analysis data category markup natively is preferred. In this
way, the markup easily can be stripped out again later."