Re: ACTION-447: Make a batch transformation of the test suite to xliff

Hi Yves, Marcis,
There's some indication in you discussion that localeFilter and
translate work in a similar way in the source to XLIFF mapping. My
assumptionis that locale filter is specifically there to prevent
extraction of annotate text when generating XLIFF for a specific target
language - similar to what you describe.

I'm not convinced that translate works in the same way since we may want
to include the content in the XLIFF as 'protected' source content to
provide context for the human translators (it can also provide content
to text analytics components called from the XLIFF process)

We therefore need to nail down in best practice how exactly
translate='no' content should be processed in the mapping and extracting
one, e.g. if the _whole_ document is annotated in this way should it be
extracted at all, since its not really acting as 'context' in this way.

cheers,
Dave