From: Jan Nelson <Jan.Nelson@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 22:12:46
To: Arle Lommel<arle.lommel@dfki.de>; Felix Sasaki<fsasaki@w3.org>
Cc: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org<public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Subject: RE: [All] ITS 2.0 = The "Dublin Core" of the Multilingual Web?

I like that phrasing Arle

Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: Arle Lommel [mailto:arle.lommel@dfki.de]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 1:51 PM
To: Felix Sasaki
Cc: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org

My only concern with it is that ITS 2.0 is actually much more complex than Dublin Core. But that is really a quibble. In terms of a way to indicate to the public what ITS 2.0 is intended to do, I think it is a good metaphor for those who know Dublin Core. If you really wanted to get an expert opinion on the metaphor, you could ask Sue-Ellen Wright, but I think for your purpose the formulation is good. I may borrow it in some form like "just as Dublin Core has revolutionized the field of resource description and discovery, ITS 2.0 has the potential to have far-reaching aspects on preparing data and making it accessible for various usages across language boundaries."

-Arle