Re: [ACTION-320]: Localization Quality Précis Retain in Spec.

Am 28.11.12 10:54, schrieb Phil Ritchie:
> All
>
> Arle and I spoke this morning.
>
> VistaTEC definitely sees a requirement for Localisation Quality Précis
> - that is, a data category to contain document level, quality related
> metadata. The locQualityIssue metadata has much more meaning when it
> is referenced back to an overall score and pass/fail threshold and
> optionally point to other non-normative information (contained in the
> rating).
>
> There is a current proposal for a change of name to "Localization
> Quality Rating" at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Nov/0151.html.
> I have no objection to this.
>
> Implementations: VistaTEC would be an implementer of this category.
> Arle thinks that he could provide a second implementation but cannot
> commit to having it ready until March 2013.
>
> Later today/tomorrow I will revise section 8.18 to reflect the naming
> change and amend the description and post back to the group.
>
> The only questions I have having re-read the Loc. Quality sections are
> about capturing the "agent" and "tool". Given that the Translation
> Agent Provenance data category can be used freely in combination with
> Localization Quality Issue and Localization Quality Rating then I see
> no problem with the former and if we have a data category independent
> mechanism for "tool" then I'm happy there also. Given these two
> assumptions I see no need to change any of the Localization Quality
> Rating attributes.

So do you need all the pointer and non pointer attributes at
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#lqprecis-implementation
all of the counter parts of these attributes have been dropped. If wen
drop them for lqprecis too that would mean there will be no global
markup for lqprecis, just local. For lq issues there is now just global
rule attributes to point to standoff list of issues. but lq precis
doesn't have a counterpart here.

In summary, what you did so far is not enough to keep lqprecis or
whatever we will call it here. Please take the time to think carefully
what mechanisms you really need, and do it soon.