Re: 2nd Update [Agenda] MLW-LT call 19 November, 4 p.m. UTC

Dear Felix and colleagues,

I will not be able to take part in today's WG meeting as it overlaps
with an *online meeting* of the *JIAMCATT Working Group on
Standardization and Interoperability (S&I)*, which takes place from
15:00 to 17:00 UTC today (with online conferencing services provided by
ITU, the International Telecommunications Union). I am moderating this
WG meeting.
Of information to the MLW-LT WG on ITS 2.0 is that I will be making a
brief oral update on ITS 2.0. Major agenda items will be Alan Melby and
Tyler Snow, BYU providing JIAMCATT a Webinar to update them regarding of
Linport and associated tools (following Alan's introductory talk at the
JIAMCATT-2012 f2f meeting in Luxembourg in April). There is also a
reference to ITS 2.0 in this webinar. Also, someone from the United
Nations Secretariat in New York will be introducing "*Akoma Ntoso"*, a
draft standard for XML mark-up for parliamentary documents (recently a
WG was set up for this within OASIS) and its possible introduction for
General Assembly resolutions and related documentation.

There is also a 2nd JIAMCATT WG meeting preceding that of the S&I group,
that of the *Machine Translation WG of JIAMCATT*. In that meeting, where
I am a member, there will be presentations on"avenues for exploration"
for MT at the European Commission, technical presentations on various
aspects of the ongoing WIPO-UNHQ joint MT project, an update on MT at
ITU, and a presentation and discussion on how to test MT usability.

To the extent that I can report on outputs and sentiment from these
closed meetings (each 2 hrs long), that may be relevant to the MLW-LT WG
and ITS 2.0, I offer to do so.

Wishing you all a successful meeting this afternoon, and hoping you do
the same for me,
olaf-michael (stefanov)