Re: [ACTION-256]: Compile and circulate itsTool examples togehter with proposal text

Hi Yves, all,
essentially your outline is right, except I don't think we've had a
concensus on the inclusion of global rules here (as well as in other
data categories, but lets do that elsewhere).

So to consider reasons got gloabl rules for mtConfidence score,
1) whether we need global for supporting pointer is blocked on the XLIFF
mapping (here, I agree with Felix, that if XLIFF mapping is the only
usecase for pointers, then specifying this in a separate mapping rather
than via a generic feature in ITS would be better in terms of simplfying
ITS)

2) whether we need global rules for convenience is I think is a "no",
since in general, we need to specify a different confidence score for
every segment so we are unlikely to define it for sets of nodes via rules

3) whether we need global rules to support annotation of attributes is
still an issue as discussed at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0271.html

In Lyon, however, David expressed the view that this was important,
given the common use of translatable strings in, for examples, img
attributes. I spoke recently to Enda McDonnell, head of engineering at
Alchemy Software (CAT tool vendor) who was also of the opinion that
support for translatable attributes was an important use case.

So here is the revised Mtconfidence data category wording and examples -
with global rules (but no pointers for now). Note, I've specifically
used attribute examples for the global rules. I didn't immediately see
similar examples so comments welcome on this usage.

Are we near concensus - barring the pointer/XLIFF mapping issue?

cheers,
Dave