De: Yves Savourel [mailto:ysavourel@enlaso.com]
Enviado el: martes, 06 de noviembre de 2012 21:12
Para: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Asunto: RE: [ACTION-264] Follow up on domain list topic with DCU

Hi Pablo, Thomas, Ankit, all,

> During the TPAC we discussed (maybe you are aware,
> http://www.w3.org/2012/11/02-mlw-lt-minutes.html)
> the possibility of lowercasing the mapping result in the domain
> algorithm
> (http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20
> .html#domain), so as to polishing it a little bit. Since you normally
> use your SUBJECT AREAS in uppercase (see file attached), we need to know if it is ok for you or we better do it the other way around, Ankit already confirmed that he is fine with the approach.

It seems we may have two contradictory aspects:

-1) HTML is not case-sensitive, so the domains taken of meta-keywords need to be mapped in a case-insensitive way.

-2) We can't know for sure if the MT system will be case-sensitive or not (We can in our use cases, but not in general).

So maybe we can do this:

- do the lowercasing when looking for mapped values in domainMapping.
- but ensure we return the values 9mapped or not) in the original case we got them.

Cheers,
-yves