Re: [Moderator Action] Re: [ISSUE-2] Re: Strawman microdata proposal

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:27 PM, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com> wrote:
> Hi Felix, all,
>
>> ...This was previously identified as an ITS1.0 requirements,
>> see:http://www.w3.org/TR/itsreq/#uid and is addressed by
>> So should we include this as an explicit functional
>> requirements or use case in MLW-LT?
>
> Just to make sure I understands:
>
> Would the requirement be to have a data category that allows to point to the place where a unique ID value is stored for a given text unit? If that is the case, isn't this already a requirement we have (in https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Requirements#idValue)
>
> As a side note: Using unique IDs is also one of the ways the XLIFF TC is looking to associate an annotation with the content annotated. http://lists..oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201203/msg00010.html

I'm not entirely sure this is the right discussion, but I implemented
an XLIFF - XHTML roundtrip during my stint at Opera. It uses XPath as
a selector, similar to ITS, but was entirely implemented as an XSLT2
application. The application uses the absolute XPath as an ID to link
the translation units to the original file.

I brought the code with me, so I can probably polish it a bit and
release it to the general public?

--
Pål Eivind Jacobsen Nes