From: Dave Lewis [mailto:dave.lewis@cs.tcd.ie]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 11:13 AM
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Subject: Re: [ISSUE-34] Localization Quality

Hi Yves,
One small query on the intent. Is this specifically targeted at _translation_ QA? This seems to be implied by the use of term 'localization quality', but this doesn't seem to be made explicit, and one might consider source QA part of 'localization'.

Some of the locQuality type definitions, e.g. terminology, inconsistency, grammar, legal, register, style, misspelling, typographical, formatting, refer just to 'text' rather than 'target text'. They could  therefore usefully be (mis?)applied to source QA and arguably ITS conformant.

If the intent is specifically translation QA then perhaps make this more explicit in the definition, but if source QA is in scope also, again make that explicit.

cheers,
Dave