Re: [ACTION-107] Locale Filter

2012/8/7 Shaun McCance <shaunm@gnome.org>

> On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 14:39 +0200, Felix Sasaki wrote:
> > Hi Yves,
> >
> > 2012/8/7 Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
> >         > see
> >         >

> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#LocaleFilter
> >         > does this look OK for you?
> >

> >         Looks ok to me.
> >
> >         Just a few minor notes:
> >
> >         - The ITS version is missing in example 52.
> >

> > Fixed.
> >

> >         - In the text “Implementations MUST NOT combine lists of
> >         language ranges from multiple rules or local attributes.” MUST
> >         NOT is not linked.
> >

> > Fixed.
> >

> >         - Maybe "The Locale Filter data category associates with each
> >         selected node a list of extended language ranges conforming to
> >         [BCP47]. The list of language ranges is a comma-separated list
> >         of extended language ranges, including the wildcard language
> >         range "*". The list MUST NOT be empty. Whitespace surrounding
> >         language ranges is ignored."
> >         Could be simplified has:
> >         "The Locale Filter data category associates with each selected
> >         node a list of extended language ranges conforming to [BCP47].
> >         The list is comma-separated and can include the wildcard
> >         extended language range "*". The list MUST NOT be empty.
> >         Whitespace surrounding language ranges is ignored."
> >

> > Thanks, done.
> >

> > I also deleted "Drop editorial notes from all localized output.",
> > since we don't provide the "exclude" scenario anymore.
>
> That example didn't use "exclude"; it used "none". And "none"
> is still doable by using an empty list of language ranges.

Currently we explicitly forbid the empty list:

The Locale Filter<http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#LocaleFilter>
[BCP47]<http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#bcp47>.
NOT<http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#rfc2119>
be
empty. Whitespace surrounding language ranges is ignored.

I'm fine with changing that, if there is a need - I had assumed there isn't.

--
Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow