Re: Test suite errors, potentially schema change

On 23.4.2013 18:41, Felix Sasaki wrote:

> 2)
> Here
> https://github.com/finnle/ITS-2.0-Testsuite/blob/master/its2.0/inputdata/storagesize/xml/storagesize9xml.xml
>
> the validation of "its:span" leads to an error:
> <its:span num="panelA1_Continue" storageSize="8"
> storageEncoding="UTF-16" lineBreakType="nel">CONTINUE</its:span>
> "num" is not allowed at its:span.
>
> I'm not sure if this error is needed, or whether the schema should allow
> non ITS attributes in no namespace at its:span?

It doesn't make sense to allow non-ITS attributes on its:span. its:span
was introduced for vocabularies which doesn't have their own semantic
neutral phrasing inline element so ITS markup can be attached to small
phrases.

In this case "num" attribute carries some value which should be attached
to element from original vocabulary. If you will remove ITS attributes
you will end up with

<its:span num="...">...</its:span>

It's very unlikely that you can have such markup in a real document
before you apply ITS to it.

So I think that we should remove "num" attribute from example or provide
completely different example.

    Jirka