RE: [ACTION-230] ITS 2.0 Test suite on github

Hi Leroy, all,

I have a doubt regarding the output files, I noticed that for instance using
translate, when an element is not included in the rules the output is like
this:

path=/html        its:translate="yes"

If it’s not in the rules or is local the notation is like this:

path=/html/body[1]/span[1]    translate="yes"

But in the example 4 (see file attached) there is the line

path=/html/head[1]      translate="no"

But according to the rules it should have been path=/html/head[1]
its:translate="no"

shouldn’t it? Is this a mistake? Or am missing something?

Besides in terms of inheritance and overriding I have a couple of doubts
too:

After applying what says here
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#s
election-precedence,
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20.html#b
asic-concepts-overinher

In the example 4 attached, according to the rules <its:translateRule
selector="//h:html" translate="no"/><its:translateRule selector="//h:p"
translate="yes"/>

The local title element ends up not translatable /html/head[1]/title[1]
translate="no" and the children “span” of “p” ends up translatable. But in
example 3, the rules <its:translateRule selector="//h:*"
translate="no"/><its:translateRule selector="//h:p" translate="yes"/>
shouldn’t have the same effect? The output file says that the children
“span” of “p” ends up not translatable, is that correct?

Cheers.

__________________________________

Pablo Nieto Caride

Dpto. Técnico/I+D+i

Linguaserve Internacionalización de Servicios, S.A.

Tel.: +34 91 761 64 60 ext. 0422
Fax: +34 91 542 89 28

E-mail:  <mailto:pablo.nieto@linguaserve.com> pablo.nieto@linguaserve.com

www.linguaserve.com <http://www.linguaserve.com/>

«En cumplimiento con lo previsto con los artículos 21 y 22 de la Ley
34/2002, de 11 de julio, de Servicios de la Sociedad de Información y
Comercio Electrónico, le informamos que procederemos al archivo y
tratamiento de sus datos exclusivamente con fines de promoción de los
productos y servicios ofrecidos por LINGUASERVE INTERNACIONALIZACIÓN DE
SERVICIOS, S.A. En caso de que Vdes. no deseen que procedamos al archivo y
tratamiento de los datos proporcionados, o no deseen recibir comunicaciones
comerciales sobre los productos y servicios ofrecidos, comuníquenoslo a
clients@linguaserve.com, y su petición será inmediatamente cumplida.»

"According to the provisions set forth in articles 21 and 22 of Law 34/2002
of July 11 regarding Information Society and eCommerce Services, we will
store and use your personal data with the sole purpose of marketing the
products and services offered by LINGUASERVE INTERNACIONALIZACIÓN DE
SERVICIOS, S.A. If you do not wish your personal data to be stored and
handled, or you do not wish to receive further information regarding
products and services offered by our company, please e-mail us to
clients@linguaserve.com. Your request will be processed immediately.”