Re: call 10 July? (Re: Comments on section 6.2 of ITS 2.0)

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 21:16:08 +0200
To: Phil Ritchie <philr@vistatec.ie>, Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
CC: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>, Pablo Nieto Caride <pablo.nieto@linguaserve.com>, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>, Mārcis Pinnis <marcis.pinnis@Tilde.lv>, Thomas Ruedesheim <thomas.ruedesheim@lucysoftware.com>, "public-multilingualweb-lt-comments@w3.org" <public-multilingualweb-lt-comments@w3.org>
On 07/07/13 19:43, Phil Ritchie wrote:

> I will be on the call and would support the proposal to *not* introduce
> CDATA.

Just to clarify one point: if there is a resolution to stick to the
current state of the spec, I will accept it 100% and I won't
raise an objection. But I want everyone to fully understand the impact
of such a decision: every single library, every single app, every single
editor, every single filter will have to implement HTML-flavor-based
switches for parsing, manipulation and serialization of inline ITS
rules in HTML, and the DOM of ITS rules inside an html5 document will
depend on the serialization of the document. Sorry, but urgghhh, to say
exactly what I think of it...

</Daniel>