Re: ITS 2.0, Selectors 4 and Selectors API 2

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 09:57:53 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, public-multilingualweb-lt-comments@w3.org, Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
On 02/07/13 09:16, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> Pseudo-elements do exist in the document tree as far as layout is
> concerned.

No, they do not. They don't create new nodes (yet), even shadow nodes,
they can't be serialized. They belong to the layout tree, NOT the
document tree.

> Selectors can indeed augment the tree.

Absolutely not, and that's precisely why we called pseudo-elements
"pseudo". But that's another discussion

> I'm not necessarily against the concept of selecting attributes; I'm
> arguing against your attempted abuse of syntax.  ^_^

I don't think it's an abuse at all. But I see your point better now.
I still think we need to extend Selectors to attribute selection and
Selectors API to namespace resolution.

</Daniel>