[ISSUE-82] Re: Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD, i18n-ISSUE-208: Mapping domains to nothing [ACTION-401]

Hi Richard,
We believe the existing algorithm presented in the domain section
already supports leaving the target part of the mapping unspecified, see:
"STEP 3-1-2-5-2. Else (if no mapping is found): Add the string (in its
original cases) to the result string."

So the behaviour is: if the target of the mapping is left unspecified,
the source domain string is copied to the target. As with all the target
domain values, it is then up to the consuming processor to decide how to
interpret and use the string provided for the target of the mapping.

So we don't propose making any changes to the specifications in relation
to this issue.

Does that address you comment to your satisfaction?
Regards
Dave