[ISSUE-103] Re: I18N-ISSUE-243: Clarify filtering algorithm for locale filters [ITS-20]

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:05:25 +0100
To: <public-multilingualweb-lt-comments@w3.org>
Following up on issue 103:

> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20121206/#LocaleFilter
> This section needs to specify the filtering algorithm to be used when applying
> the locale filter list. Since it uses extended language ranges, Extended
> Filtering as specified in RFC 4647 section 3.3.2 is an obvious candidate.

I would propose to add the following paragraph just above the current Note:

"A node associated with such list is applicable to a given locale when the language tag for that locale returns a match when the Extended Filtering algorithm [ref: http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/bcp/bcp47.txt (3.3.2. Extended Filtering)] is applied."

cheers,
-yves