Re: Proceeding with [Core] via email discussion (Was Re: Postponed beginning for [Education], agenda for [Core])

On 12/23/14 9:41 AM, Jeff Jaffe wrote:
> Today, I've also put a more elaborated discussion of these questions
> in our wiki [1] if people would like to comment there.

OK and thanks!

A few comments:

* One thing I find a bit confusing is the 12 (various) uses of
"framework". In some cases that term seems to be about the
methodology/process the effort will use and in other cases, it wasn't
clear to me. Perhaps it would be helpful to define that term for its
most common usage for the context of this document and/or replace it
with "what is `really` meant for the specific context".

* Re "Prioritization provides an independent, community-wide means to
ensure that Web developers are addressing key problems" - I don't
understand "Web developers" in this context. (It seems like this effort
is more about making sure the consortium is addressing key problems Web
developers have.)

* Section 3. Mapping to native platforms - since Dom and the Web Mobile
IG have done quite a bit of work in this area (f.ex. gap analysis
<https://github.com/w3c-webmob/web-api-gap>), this document should
clarify what this effort is going to do vis-à-vis related work in the IG.

* I'm trying to understand this effort's `end game` i.e. specific
output(s) envisioned. F.ex. "the group will consider this effort a
success if it ...". The closest thing I could find is a survey for AC
reps and a survey for the Public (I added this later item). But that now
begs Qs about the surveys envisioned. For instance, is this group of ten
going to propose specific high priority work items and (via the surveys)
ask the AC and Public to `verify` this group's agreement; or is the idea
more about using data/info gathered to create a survey that asks the AC
and Public about priorities; or something else?

* The relationship between this effort and Michael's
<https://www.w3.org/wiki/AB/2014-2015_Priorities/w3c_work_success>
should at least be mentioned/referenced and even better would be to
state what (if any) relationship there is between the two efforts.

-Thanks, AB