Re: W3C Most important priorities task force

On 05/11/2014 20:49, Jeff Jaffe wrote:

> After we determine how many efforts we will have we need to determine
> how to go about doing the work.  Should we have weekly calls or work
> mostly on the mailing list and wiki?  Should we have separate calls for
> the different efforts or a single call for everything.  Do we want to
> start with discussion, or should we ask people to bring in proposals
> (which could result, for example, in people providing input such as [3]
> as a framework for core)?

I just wanted to say one thing: there's one area missing in the five
TF you identified on the Wiki. I suggest adding:

   * Self
     How do we make sure the W3C is still the right place to address
     all those questions in the future?

In particular - and this is something I already discussed with many
people during TPAC - the average age of our contributors is increasing
almost at the same age my age is increasing :-/ Staff has little
turnover, Members rarely send young reps as they did fifteen years
ago. We're getting older and we miss fresh blood. Yes, we have a few
young people. But not enough. The younger ones seem to be more attracted
by other places...

I am not sure this belongs to the "Improve agility of W3C" project
led by cwilso. IMHO, it's more an important priority.

Our honourable assembly is aging, and I'm getting worried about it. A
lot of us will leave the battlefield almost at the same time - because
we all started at the same age and time - we need to be ready for that
and have younger people with us to learn about and perform
Standardization.

</Daniel>